Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Audio Units not showing up in Audio Tracks Only

I have a really bizzare issue right now in Logic Pro X where my Audio Units are not showing up as an effect ONLY within "audio tracks". If I load a software instrument track, the plugins show up. When I try it with an audio track, the only thing that shows up under audio units are the "Apple" units.

I have gone into plugin manager and re-scanned, I've rebooted, I tried to go to the Library/caches and remove the "AudioUnitCache", but that folder / file does not exist. Could that be part of the problem?

Also, what's strange is I do have one project where I successfully loaded the audio units on an "audio track". I can go into that project and copy paste the audio track within there and I am able to utilize all my plugins. I've tried creating brand new projects with new tracks; nothing. Will not show. All of the audio units are showing as installed and the "use" checkbox is checked (within Plugin manager).

Is there anyone out there that can give me some theories or things to try?

I'm using a Mid 2014 Macbook Pro 15 inch running the Catalina Wine Mixer version 10.15.5 (2.2Ghz i7, 16GB RAM)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:19 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 8, 2020 10:03 AM in response to Wilddrums

I am using the "audio fx" slot on the channel strip. I've also tried the slots above (also, remember that for some reason I have 1 project that has a track where I can see those plugins. If I create a new track within that same project, they don't show up. But if I copy the track that lets me see them, they show up. That was the first track I ever created with plugins, so it's like it let me do it once and then doesn't let me create a new track anywhere with plugins, other that Apple plugins)

Sorry, the Catalina Wine Mixer was a joke in reference to the movie Step Brothers.. It's just regular Catalina.

Oct 8, 2020 10:58 AM in response to Wilddrums

That was it, my friend! I switched channel mode to stereo and they show up. What's interesting is the other one that works was also set to mono, so I'm not sure why it worked and the others didn't. Either way; problem solved.

Very much appreciated! I actually thought this issue would sit out here longer than this. It's good to have someone like yourself jumping on these forums to help out. Have a great day!

Logic Pro X - Audio Units not showing up in Audio Tracks Only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.