Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious phone call

Received an automated call today from a local number that stated that my Apple information had been compromised and warned me not to use my Apple device to purchase anything. It then asked me if I wanted to connect to Apple Support to address the issue. It was suspicious especially since it was from a local number and was automated so I disconnected the call. Had any one else had this happen? Is it a type of scam?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 8:44 AM

It is indeed a scam. See—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple will never call you, email you or text you unless you have contact Apple Support and requested a callback. The only exception is you may get an email to your Apple ID email account saying that you have logged in to a previously unknown device. This is just an informational message; it requires no action unless you don’t recognize the device and you did not log in at the time indicated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 8:44 AM in response to Pardo

It is indeed a scam. See—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple will never call you, email you or text you unless you have contact Apple Support and requested a callback. The only exception is you may get an email to your Apple ID email account saying that you have logged in to a previously unknown device. This is just an informational message; it requires no action unless you don’t recognize the device and you did not log in at the time indicated.

Suspicious phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.