Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sync iTunes on Windows not getting settings to sync. Anything else to try?

On Step 3 of the article (Sync or remove content using iTunes) using iTunes on Windows the only options are to set up as a new iPhone or to restore from old backups (of my previous iPhones). I do not get the settings as per step 3. Anything else to try?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 12:35 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Oct 11, 2020 12:37 PM in response to ronfry

Thank you - it allowed me to connect. I could get to settings and it then did the backup of my iTunes (it is my whole CD collection - so took quite a long time). Checking the next day it was still not on the iPhone 11. I tried again - connected iPhone 11 to laptop (windows), it supposedly sync'ed it - but I still do not see anything on the iPhone 11 (except for music bought via iTunes store). I must still be missing something somewhere. All my music is still on my laptop, as well as on my old iPhone 6. Will keep on reading .

Oct 16, 2020 12:36 PM in response to turingtest2

I don't currently have Apple Music or iTunes Match - I first wanted to get everything safe - I want to replace my second phone (iPhone6 -it is getting a bit rickety). I can now think about Apple Music or iTunes Match. I also need something that would allow me to play my own music on my HomePod. Up till now it only played Apply purchases. I am not sure which of the 2 products would be best for that.

Trying to sync iTunes on Windows not getting settings to sync. Anything else to try?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.