Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV hangs on YouTube after 7.6 update

- after your update 2 days ago - my 3rd generation Apple TV A1469 - started to hang on YouTube, enters the screen saver mode and does not respond to any manipulation from the remote control - except just pull out the power cable - after 20 -30 minutes - I must unplug my device, and go again in the menu to select Youtube and find the last moment where I was watching...

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 5:57 PM

Hi kristianfromchisinau,

It looks like since an update your Apple TV is having some trouble when you use the YouTube app. We know how important it is to have those apps working and being able to view YouTube using your Apple TV device. You've come to the right place for help.

The resource below will offer some help when an app is not working properly on your Apple TV.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

If you're still having issues while using this app or another third party app we recommend following up with this link:

Get Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 5:57 PM in response to kristianfromchisinau

Hi kristianfromchisinau,

It looks like since an update your Apple TV is having some trouble when you use the YouTube app. We know how important it is to have those apps working and being able to view YouTube using your Apple TV device. You've come to the right place for help.

The resource below will offer some help when an app is not working properly on your Apple TV.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

If you're still having issues while using this app or another third party app we recommend following up with this link:

Get Support

Take care!

Apple TV hangs on YouTube after 7.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.