Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My swipe down doesn’t work

What do I do when I try to swipe down to see my notifications or to when the sound and brightness is doesn’t work, I swipe down and it sends me to the search thing.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 9:20 PM

I have been swiping down and it doesn’t work. When I am on Netflix and am watching something that is the only time I can swipe down to see my control center and notifications.

3 replies

Oct 8, 2020 9:24 PM in response to Swipe_down_doesnt_work

IF Swiping Down from the TOP RIGHT/LEFT CORNER does not work then try the following procedure. Once completed then try Swiping Down again. Remember to USE THE CORNERS.

Try and Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

My swipe down doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.