Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is chiming randomly without notification.

My iPhone has been making weird chiming noises randomly throughout the day. They're unique sounds that I've never heard from my phone, and no notification comes up with it.

I've checked my settings, and I don't have any notifications turned on that would chime, but not have a banner or badge.

There are two different chimes: one sounds like a walkie-talkie beeping three times, and the other sounds like an actual bell.

What are these?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:10 AM

Hey jcherry2020,

It sounds like you're receiving chiming sounds on your iPhone, but there's no notifications present.

Check your notification settings to make sure certain sounds aren't set for certain notifications. You can receive notification sounds without receiving the banner or alert for them, so check that now by going to Settings > Notifications. More information here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep us updated.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 6:10 AM in response to jcherry2020

Hey jcherry2020,

It sounds like you're receiving chiming sounds on your iPhone, but there's no notifications present.

Check your notification settings to make sure certain sounds aren't set for certain notifications. You can receive notification sounds without receiving the banner or alert for them, so check that now by going to Settings > Notifications. More information here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep us updated.

Oct 21, 2020 4:33 AM in response to karina184

Thank you for responding! I'm not sure what that was. A few days after I posted this, the sounds stopped as suddenly and mysteriously as they started.

I never could figure out what was causing the sounds. I took my phone to the Apple Store, and they ran diagnostics. It wasn't a hardware issue.

They told me it might have had something to do with a third-party app updating. I never changed any settings.

iPhone is chiming randomly without notification.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.