Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music gets deleted from the device

although i have an ongoing apple music subscription, my music gets deleted from time to time and i need to reload it again

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 5:12 AM

Hi ronenfrom,

Thanks for the reply!

Since you're using iOS 13.6.1, it could be helpful to update to iOS 14 as a next step. We recommend backing up beforehand: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that helps.

Kindest regards.

3 replies

Oct 14, 2020 7:53 AM in response to ronenfrom

Hello ronenfrom,

Thanks for posting! Your music library is definitely important, and we understand you're finding your music is periodically deleted. We'll be happy to see how we can help.

Are you saying your entire library seems to disappear, or are you missing content that was downloaded for offline playback?

Were any changes made on your device around that time, like signing out of your Apple ID or changing your password?

When the issue occurs, it may be a good idea to ensure that Sync Library is on: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Does the issue occur on any other devices you use with Apple Music, or only on your iPhone?

Let us know more about the circumstances under which the content is deleting, and whether Sync Library is on. Be sure to include your current iOS version, found under Settings > General > About.

Take care!

Oct 17, 2020 1:33 AM in response to ryane77

Thank you for the reply

this happens on iPhone only

sync library is on

only part of the songs are deleted

iOS is 13.6.1

no changes of signup or similar are associated with the deletion

this happened several times already, we notice it after downloading multiple songs and after a few days that part of them are gone, we download them again and they disappear

take for instance songs of Leonard Cohen ‘lover lover lover’ or ‘hallelujah’ which were downloaded multiple times and are deleted every time

regards

ron

Apple Music gets deleted from the device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.