Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Albums not on icloud.com

Are Shared Albums I create not available on icloud.com? I created a shared album on my iPhone and it is not showing up in Photos in my icloud account or on my MacBook. How do I get my photos, albums, etc to synch across all of my iOS platforms (iPad, iPhone, MacBook)?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 9:02 AM

1. Several users have reported, that some shared albums are not visible on the Mac. I noticed, that I had to wait more than a day for all shared albums and photos to appear on my other devices. It might be a new problem with iOS 14. I would wait, before doing anything drastic.
  2. If you publish an album as a public website, anyone who knows the link can see it. Keep the link secret. I am usually using the "Public website" option to be able to check, if the photos are uploading to iCloud at all. If the photos are appearing on the website, I know, that the upload is working and if I do not see the photos other devices, the download must be the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Jim Vick

1. Several users have reported, that some shared albums are not visible on the Mac. I noticed, that I had to wait more than a day for all shared albums and photos to appear on my other devices. It might be a new problem with iOS 14. I would wait, before doing anything drastic.
  2. If you publish an album as a public website, anyone who knows the link can see it. Keep the link secret. I am usually using the "Public website" option to be able to check, if the photos are uploading to iCloud at all. If the photos are appearing on the website, I know, that the upload is working and if I do not see the photos other devices, the download must be the problem.

Oct 9, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Jim Vick

You should be able to see the shared albums in the Photos.app on your Mac, if you enable them in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud for your system Photos Library.

The shared albums are not shown on the iCloud webpage at www.icloud.com . You can see them in a web browser, if you enable them as a public web site. When you enable the website option, you will see a link, that you can copy and safe.

Oct 9, 2020 8:39 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for the quick response:

1) I can see some of the shared albums on the Photos.app on my Mac, but not all of them. I created a shared album on my iPhone yesterday and it is still not visible on my Photos.app on my mac. I also have photos that I have taken that are not synching between the iPhone and Mac Photos apps. Is there something I can do to force the synch?

2) If I enable an album as public, who has access to see the pictures once I do this? Most importantly can anyone see these pictures at that point?

Shared Albums not on icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.