Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup using cellular

How do I backup my iPhone to iCloud over cellular data? I’m off the grid with no wi-fi

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 10:39 AM

6 replies

Oct 9, 2020 11:40 AM in response to -RV-

-RV- wrote:

as I stated, where I am located is off the grid, there is no WiFi, but I have unlimited data over cellular with LTE speeds. I use cellular data for everything I do over the internet, why would Apple restrict the backups to only WiFi? If this is truly the case I’ll have to switch to non Apple products. Please advise

What part of "sorry WIFI is needed to back up to icloud" wasn't understandable? I read you live off the grid.

If there was an alternative, I clearly would've stated it in my original response.

If you want Apple documentation then read here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Oct 9, 2020 11:17 AM in response to razmee209

as I stated, where I am located is off the grid, there is no WiFi, but I have unlimited data over cellular with LTE speeds. I use cellular data for everything I do over the internet, why would Apple restrict the backups to only WiFi? If this is truly the case I’ll have to switch to non Apple products. Please advise

Oct 9, 2020 1:00 PM in response to -RV-

-RV- wrote:

@razmee209 stop spewing useless information. You will be reported and removed.

yes report me for giving you cold hard facts..

How are you going to mark your own answer as solving your issue.

IF you read the link I provided it outlines what is needed to back up to icloud and it did say connect to cellular data.

I'm done best of luck to you trying to back up via cell data.

Oct 9, 2020 3:27 PM in response to razmee209

razmee209 wrote:

-RV- wrote:

@razmee209 stop spewing useless information. You will be reported and removed.
yes report me for giving you cold hard facts..

How are you going to mark your own answer as solving your issue.

IF you read the link I provided it outlines what is needed to back up to icloud and it did say connect to cellular data.

I'm done best of luck to you trying to back up via cell data.

Fixed for razmee209 -- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.

iCloud backup using cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.