Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 and Apple Music

I upgraded to iOS 14 and now my iPad and iPhone no longer recognize my Apple Music account. I can only play it on my desk top. Anyone else experience this? Solutions?

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 2:28 PM

Howdy danfromaz,

It sounds like you no longer have access to Apple Music after updating iOS. Music is super critical in daily use of our devices and we want to help you get this sorted.

Since you've just updated, we first recommend making sure that you're properly logged into your Apple ID on those devices as this will grant you access to services such as Apple Music. To make sure that you're signed in, please follow the steps here: Sign in with your Apple ID

Likewise, if you're using Apple Music across multiple devices and want access on all of those devices, we recommend making sure Sync Library is enabled. For steps on how to check this, please visit: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

We hope that gets you listening to your tunes once again!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 2:28 PM in response to danfromaz

Howdy danfromaz,

It sounds like you no longer have access to Apple Music after updating iOS. Music is super critical in daily use of our devices and we want to help you get this sorted.

Since you've just updated, we first recommend making sure that you're properly logged into your Apple ID on those devices as this will grant you access to services such as Apple Music. To make sure that you're signed in, please follow the steps here: Sign in with your Apple ID

Likewise, if you're using Apple Music across multiple devices and want access on all of those devices, we recommend making sure Sync Library is enabled. For steps on how to check this, please visit: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

We hope that gets you listening to your tunes once again!

iOS 14 and Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.