Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i udate a certificates for apple mail on iso14

Apparently the mail certificate for my email has decided to not be trusted, with an expiration date of 10-19-20. I used to be able to update it by clicking on Details, then update. That option is now missing and I do not seem to be able to find a way to do it. I've tried opening the certificate in Keychain and turning on always trust, but that has had not effect. What else can I do? My OS is Mojave 10.14.6

Thanks,

David G

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 12:59 PM

So I ended up just deleting the account and reinstalling it. After a reboot, I got the same not trusted notice, but clicking Details this time brought up the dialog that this time allowed me to Trust the certificate. So reinstalling the account worked.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 9, 2020 4:17 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks Old Toad, for the reply. I use Apple Mail and Network Solutions for my email client. However, I did manage to find a certificate just a little while ago, that I could "trust" in the Keychain. It immediately got the email downloading onto the iMac desktop computer. So that is fixed.

And sorry about the confusion using ISO when I meant mac OS for iMac.

I am having the same problem with my iPhone Xr that is on iso 10.14.6. I just updated to this, but I had this same problem with the previous version - that's why I updated, but it didn't fix it. When I get the "Cannot Verify Server Identity" dialog, I click on Details and it tells me the certificate is not trusted, but selecting "Trust" in the resulting dialog box is not possible. It is missing from the header where it used to be. There must be an easy way to update this certificate on the phone, but I can't find a way to do it. Much appreciate anything you can offer.

David G

How do i udate a certificates for apple mail on iso14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.