Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14 - APP Library etc

With IOS 14, I have to swipe to the right past my many page of apps to access the NY Times -which I view for current news multiple times daily. Prior to IOS 14 this news app was 1 swipe to the left of my home page. The NY times appears in my App Library, but I can't see any way to move the App Library to the left of my home page -only 1 Swipe away. Also, for some reason the NY Times doesn't appear with my other apps, so that I can't move it to my home page. I can't find any option for that when I access that app setting in the System settings.

One swipe to the left of my home page is only the Date, Current temperature, and a window with a map & dining icon. I believe I deleted some of the other windows as they were of no interest. Below the 3 windows is an Edit button. But when I click it, nothing apps. As per above, I'd like to move my App Library to this location -1 swipe left of the home page.

I remember when apple OS used to be so intuitive that you could logically navigate to or configure with anything ease. I'm sure I'll get IOS 14 to be more efficient. but it isn't yet. Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 6:07 PM

The App Library cannot be moved. Period.

You should however be able to move the NYT app from the App Library to whatever home screen you want it on, by dragging the icon from the App library to the left edge of the screen. Hold it there for a moment and it should change to the last homescreen. Continue to drag it to the left edge of the screen until you reach the home screen you want to have it on.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 6:07 PM in response to JazzJunkie

The App Library cannot be moved. Period.

You should however be able to move the NYT app from the App Library to whatever home screen you want it on, by dragging the icon from the App library to the left edge of the screen. Hold it there for a moment and it should change to the last homescreen. Continue to drag it to the left edge of the screen until you reach the home screen you want to have it on.

Oct 9, 2020 6:01 PM in response to sberman

As stated in my post, the NY Times icon doesn't appear on any app page, ONLY in the App Library. And yes, I refer to the NY Times APP.

If there was a NYT app icon, I would CERTAINLY move it to my home page. And I don't know how to setup this app with an icon. It has NEVER appeared as an app icon, it only appeared as a Favorite -1 page swipe left of my home page.

Perhaps this is an issue with the NY Times app (which I just updated). The Guardian (news app) appears with an icon. But the Times never has. Either way, I would like to move the APP Library page so it is one swipe left of my home page -where favorites used to be. Not at the back of many pages of apps.

Oct 9, 2020 6:33 PM in response to Phil0124

Thank you Phil1024 I was able to move the icon. When I first tried that it jiggles & only allowed the icon to remain or be deleted. It actually required a 2 step dragging process to move.

But I still can't understand why the App Library is stuck at the back of ALL OTHER APPS -when the previous Favorites where 1 swipe away from the home page.

And as mentioned above there is an Edit button on the page to the left of Home -but it does nothing. What is this page & how can it be customized? (with a global pandemic limiting activity, it's easy to get lost in trivial projects like organizing my iPhone!)

IOS 14 - APP Library etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.