Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Safari History

Can I get help on restoring iPhone safari history I’ve lost a lot of passwords due to my son deleting my entire history. Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 11:34 PM

If all your son did was clear your browser history, your passwords should still be on your phone. Passwords are saved in Settings > Passwords and require Touch ID or Face ID to access. If he did manage to delete passwords from that list, though, there's no way of getting them back. Passwords are stored online in iCloud, so even restoring from a backup wouldn't help.

However, try going to Settings > [Your Name] (the first option at the top) > iCloud and make sure that "Keychain" is set to on. If it's off, turn it back on and wait a bit for your phone to download your passwords from iCloud. However, if Keychain is on, then there's nothing you can do to get your passwords back, sorry.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 11:34 PM in response to Brooke_lees

If all your son did was clear your browser history, your passwords should still be on your phone. Passwords are saved in Settings > Passwords and require Touch ID or Face ID to access. If he did manage to delete passwords from that list, though, there's no way of getting them back. Passwords are stored online in iCloud, so even restoring from a backup wouldn't help.

However, try going to Settings > [Your Name] (the first option at the top) > iCloud and make sure that "Keychain" is set to on. If it's off, turn it back on and wait a bit for your phone to download your passwords from iCloud. However, if Keychain is on, then there's nothing you can do to get your passwords back, sorry.

I hope this helps.

Restoring Safari History

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.