Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charged for Apple TV+ one month into free one year offer

I bought a iPhone SE 2nd Gen on March 24th, 2020 and remembered to sign up for the one free year of Apple TV+ on June 11th, 2020: within 90 days of the purchase. However, it seems I only got one week free and was charged $4.99 on August 11th, 2020 on Apple Cash. Apple has since tried to charge me 10 times over the past month, but they've all been declined due my Apple Cash card having a balance of -$4.99. I signed up for the one year offer through the banner in my iPhone's settings app, but for some reason the offer still appears on my iPad. Is this something I can fix on my own, or do I need to contact support?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 8:40 AM

If you only got one week free then that is the standard trial, and the offer was not claimed. The offer has to claimed in the TV app, as per the steps referenced below. As that period has long since passed i'm not sure what can be done, but you would need to consult support to see what they can advise.

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 8:40 AM in response to Starforce774

If you only got one week free then that is the standard trial, and the offer was not claimed. The offer has to claimed in the TV app, as per the steps referenced below. As that period has long since passed i'm not sure what can be done, but you would need to consult support to see what they can advise.

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Charged for Apple TV+ one month into free one year offer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.