Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

back up my iphone thru itunes

what will happen if i back up my iphone thru itunes?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 4:13 AM

What Does iTunes Backup on your computer

On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, you can use Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or a Windows PC, you can use iTunes to make a backup of your device using your computer. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. A backup from a computer includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. A backup from your a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Learn how to make a backups from your computer, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups that you no longer need.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 4:13 AM in response to EMMMRissss

What Does iTunes Backup on your computer

On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, you can use Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or a Windows PC, you can use iTunes to make a backup of your device using your computer. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. A backup from a computer includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. A backup from your a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Learn how to make a backups from your computer, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups that you no longer need.

back up my iphone thru itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.