Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPad with 32GB, using 22GB for “other” ?

That is my question, why is other taking up so much storage, 22 of my 32 GB ? Other says it means caches login etc, I’ve deleted all my emails and messages and a lot of my apps but the storage doesn’t change only by .2 and sometimes it just goes right back to being full. Please advise.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:12 AM

If you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 11, 2020 5:25 AM in response to Carlasapples

Yes, that is indeed unfortunate - as most most maintenance and recovery procedures for iPad and iPhone require the use of either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac computer (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

The good news is, if you don’t have access to a PC/Mac of your own, is that a computer that belongs to a helpful friend or family member will suffice - subject to having the required software installed. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be delighted to assist you.

Why is my iPad with 32GB, using 22GB for “other” ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.