Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos back up on icloud from XS

Guys hi, i want to back up my photos to icloud & keep them on my xs, however when i go to icloud on the phone & click on the ‘photos’ button it does not give me the option as other iphones i have checked , to ‘optimize iphone storage’ neither ‘download & keep orginals’ but says if i proceed it will delete all photos & videos on my phone & back up on icloud..?? Thx

iPhone XS, 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:11 AM

If you delete photos on iPhone it will deleted on iCloud too and vice-versa.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 6:11 AM in response to georgios34theshop

If you delete photos on iPhone it will deleted on iCloud too and vice-versa.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Photos back up on icloud from XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.