Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I purchase more iCloud storage?

How can I purchase more iPhone storage

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 8:43 PM

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it.

You can purchase ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts. Thanks.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 8:43 PM in response to shaquira112

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it.

You can purchase ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts. Thanks.

Axel F.

Oct 10, 2020 8:47 PM in response to shaquira112

Welcome, shaquira112, to Apple Support Communities.

You are looking to «purchase more iPhone storage».

There are two, quite separate, forms of storage used on iDevices, like iPhones:

1. The local, hardware storage on your iPhone, viewable under Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage: the total amount of this storage can never be changed from the amount your iPhone had when you ordered it.
  2. Your iCloud storage associated with your Apple ID, viewable under Settings -> [Your Name] Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases -> iCloud: the total iCloud storage reflects your current iCloud storage plan associated with your Apple ID.

You can always change your iCloud storage plan by going to Settings -> [Your Name] Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases -> iCloud -> Manage Storage -> Change Storage Plan.

Does this help?

How can I purchase more iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.