Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unexpected transactions between credit account and iTunes.

Hi everybody.

I'm writing this in this section because I haven't found anywhere else to post something like this. I know that here it's not the right place to complain about this, so I please an admin to move my post where it should be or to contact me (so that I can delete this topic).

I already sent this problem to Apple (via a contact form), and it was written that I should get a response within 42 hours. This happened July 14th, and there is still no response from Apple.

Here is what I've written in the contact form:

---------------------
Hello,

I want to complain you about a problem with some possible unauthorized purchases from the iTunes/App Store. I have two transactions on the card account which has been registered with the Apple ID, which were not done by me. Here is the full story.

Yesterday morning I got my iPad, and since then, everything that I've done was to download only free applications from the App Store (the Apple ID is also registered with a 3G iPhone, but I didn't even open the App Store or iTunes on it in these two days). I haven't done any kind on transaction with my card account from Apple Store/App Store/iTunes, in any way (including from my iPad), except that I downloaded some free Apps from the App Store on my iPad.

However, on my card account, there are two transactions which were done between my card account and ITUNES-EURO LUXEMBOURG. The first one was done yesterday (13rd of July) and the second was done today (14th of July), and they have the value of about 2 Euro each. I called the bank to see what can be done, and I was told that I must make a written complaint to them, so they can start investigating the problem and take legal actions (if needed).

I verified on iTunes all the purchases which were done, and all that I saw were the free apps that I downloaded for the iPad. There were no other purchases that costed about 2 Euro each (in these two days), so I can't find out why that transactions have been done between the card account and ITUNES-EURO LUXEMBOURG.

I politely please you to check my account at Apple (xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com) and give me more details about these two transactions that were done in the last two days (or tell me if my account has been hacked). If you need any additional details (about the credit card or the Apple ID), please notify me and I'll send them back to you immediately.

Thank you!
---------------------

This was the content of the complaint, to which I haven't got any response from Apple. Since I sent this, I've changed my password two or three times, and, surprisingly, one more transaction has been done without my knowledge.

I've taken the decision to detach the credit account from the Apple ID, as it seems that Apple's security systems are drastically failing.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone know which are the procedures in this case? The bank said that it will investigate and block the transactions.

The account from which I'm posting right now isn't that one on which I had problems with these transactions. If somebody from Apple contacts me, I'll give him/her any additional details.

Thanks for any reply.

<Edited by Host>

MacBook White 5,2, Mac OS X (10.5.8), none

Posted on Jul 24, 2010 2:03 PM

7 replies

Jul 24, 2010 2:31 PM in response to MGW

Yes, I'm sure that no one had access to my account. Anyway, if I make a transaction (I buy an app, for example), it must appear on iTunes, on the computer on which I logged on with my account which had the credit account attached, right?

I've tried contacting them (there is a contact form on the FAQs, if I remember correctly, which you can use if you can't find an answer there), and nobody responded me. There was written that (all) questions are answered withing 48 hours.

These discussions are only seen by regular users like us? I mean, there isn't any employee from Apple monitoring these forums, or an admin, which can redirect important problems to somebody which has the competence to respond them? awwww...:-(.

Can you please recommend me a way of contacting somebody which can help me in this issues with iTunes/Apple?

Thank you very much!

Jul 25, 2010 4:29 AM in response to babowa

Thank you for the links.

Even if there are various ways of contacting Apple, neither of them is going to help me, as I'm living in Romania. Most of the presented ways are via a phone call, which I don't see as a optimum solution for resolving my problems.

As I've told, the bank has been contacted, and they told me that they're going to start an investigation and block the transactions.

I've sent another complaint to Apple right now, hoping that somebody is going to give some clarifications about what happened.

I'll try to update this topic with the response I will get from Apple (if there will be one, of course).

Aug 29, 2010 3:53 PM in response to lorinn

Buna. Ai reusit sa rezolvi rpoblema cu tranzactia asta aparuta de nicaieri? Ieri seara mi-am adaugat si eu un card visa electron pe contul de itunes si azi m-am trezit cu aceeasi tranzactie 'i-tunes euro luxembourg'. Eu vreoiam sa ma duc la banca dar nu stiu daca pot ei sa rezolve ceva. Anunta-ma si pe mine te rog daca ai ceva noutati. Daca esti amabil si ai timp ma gasesti si pe mess pe yahoo: robert_aldulea.

Multumesc.

Unexpected transactions between credit account and iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.