You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Asks For Different Apple ID

How Do I Stop an iPhone From Asking My Spouse to Sign-In To My Apple ID?

When setting up a replacement iPhone 8 Plus on IOS 14.0.1, the iPhone prompts my spouse to enter the password for my Apple ID. We backed up the iPhone, then erased the data and content, then restored the iPhone.

An iCloud Download symbol appeared beside several apps on the iPhone. For each of the indicated apps, we deleted it then downloaded it from the App Store.

Settings continues to show a red badge and continues to ask my spouse to sign-in to my Apple ID.

My spouse and I have physical credit cards with different card numbers linked to the same account. If either of us detects fraud on a card number, we can notify the credit card company and deactivate that compromised card number, leaving the other card number active.

We would prefer to purchase all the apps on each one's personal iPhone with that person's Apple ID linked to the corresponding personal credit card number.

Solutions or remedies, anyone?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 7:08 AM

It will do that if there are apps on the device that were downloaded with a different Apple ID. Delete those apps and re-download them with the ID used on that phone instead.

2 replies

iPhone Asks For Different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.