Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken screen and Running Out of Storage on iPhone 6s

Can the broken screen of my iPhone 6s cause it to not function correctly? It is shattered but working. I am running out of storage on my phone. It is still at 32 GB now even though I have deleted most of my apps, messages and photos. I have offload some apps. I have only 26 MB storage available. My phone tends to turn itself completely off for hours at a time almost every morning and will unexpectedly turn itself back on later in the day. Will resetting all the settings force the phone to show how much GB is actually on the phone? I haven’t been able to backup and get a new software update since August.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 12:10 PM

Here are a couple of links about storage...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You cannot expect the phone to operate normally with a broken touch screen. Make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for an evaluation and explanation of your options.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 12:10 PM in response to Beard-y25

Here are a couple of links about storage...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You cannot expect the phone to operate normally with a broken touch screen. Make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for an evaluation and explanation of your options.

Broken screen and Running Out of Storage on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.