Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Am confused. I don't want to subscribe to Apple Music, so how do I now buy one song? I've tried to find this out but so many confusing and conflicting answers.

I'm a dance teacher, have 100's of tracks of a specific genre and do not want to subscribe to a monthly plan as now only buy the odd track here or there. So how do I now go about buying one track - let alone listening to it beforehand to make sure its the one I want?

Makes me want to ditch Apple altogether and return to Windows ........

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 7:57 AM

Tipsycat - You can still buy single songs. Two common problems are (1) you have the iTunes Store hidden, or (2) you are doing the search in Apple Music instead of the iTunes Store. Just follow the steps in here:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 13, 2020 3:38 AM in response to ed2345

Hi ed2345

Thanks so much for this!!! I'd never have known to click in the search box to reveal the hidden iTunes Store 😮 Why then is the iTunes Store listed in the left hand panel which takes you to Apple Music (or is this just to get you to subscribe to Apple Music). Apple make things so difficult.

I have read that iTunes will disappear altogether eventually though ........

Thanks again though - an end to my headache ❤️

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.