Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 6 ECG Issue

I was just wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the ECG App on the Series 6. The problem I’m having is that when I place my finger on the Digital Crown it doesn’t recognise my finger on the Digital Crown or start the ECG countdown, it recognises my finger sometimes but then resets back to 30 seconds. The lowest it has gone down to is 27 seconds and then it resets back to 30. However when I press and hold in the Digital Crown it takes the ECG normally. I upgraded from the Series 4 where the ECG worked as expected i.e. place the finger on the Digital Crown and the ECG is taken. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this behaviour. I’ve reset both my watch and my iPhone which didn’t have any success.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:14 PM

Thanks I’ve just cleaned it and still no luck. I was kind of hoping it would be a software related issue but my gut feeling was it was probably a hardware issue.

3 replies

Apple Watch Series 6 ECG Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.