Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have several hundred contacts in my contact app and I want to delete several of them what’s an easier way to delete contacts rather than going to each contact individually

Is there an easier way to delete contact names from the contact app without going into them individually

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 5:45 PM

i don't think you'll find an easier way than one by one on your iPhone.

If you sync your contacts with iCloud, you can access them on the web here

https://www.icloud.com/contacts/

if you go into the Contacts section, you can select a contact and press delete and it will prompt if you're sure, focusing the delete option so you can hit enter quick. would be better than doing it on your iPhone.

If you have MacBook and you sync your contacts with iCloud.. at least the mac lets you swipe left to delete rather than entering each contact details and selecting delete. This would be the fasted method.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 5:45 PM in response to Skwalker52

i don't think you'll find an easier way than one by one on your iPhone.

If you sync your contacts with iCloud, you can access them on the web here

https://www.icloud.com/contacts/

if you go into the Contacts section, you can select a contact and press delete and it will prompt if you're sure, focusing the delete option so you can hit enter quick. would be better than doing it on your iPhone.

If you have MacBook and you sync your contacts with iCloud.. at least the mac lets you swipe left to delete rather than entering each contact details and selecting delete. This would be the fasted method.

I have several hundred contacts in my contact app and I want to delete several of them what’s an easier way to delete contacts rather than going to each contact individually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.