Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any fix for FoxNews freeze issue, Oct 2020?

FoxNews.com freezes. Must reload to release freeze the last several weeks. Updated Safari but issue remains.

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 7:49 AM

I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same website. But I have two identical MacBook Airs purchased from Apple at the same time. The problem is only on one machine, the only one of the two that has had the most recent Catalina update. The problem does not exist on either of my iPad minis. And, trust me, I have no Safari extensions on either machine, and I have changed no system settings on the machine that is having the issue.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same website. But I have two identical MacBook Airs purchased from Apple at the same time. The problem is only on one machine, the only one of the two that has had the most recent Catalina update. The problem does not exist on either of my iPad minis. And, trust me, I have no Safari extensions on either machine, and I have changed no system settings on the machine that is having the issue.

Oct 16, 2020 2:20 PM in response to WA4MOE

Hello WA4MOE,

We'd like to assist with the issue you're experiencing when browsing the web using Safari.

To confirm, are you only experiencing this issue when browsing a specific website or do you experience the freezing issue with other websites?

If this issue only occurs with a specific website, check the "If Safari doesn't load pages from a specific site" section of the resource below for steps that may help:

If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2020 8:48 AM in response to WA4MOE

Hello Moe,

Thanks for attempting those steps. Since the issue persists despite the steps you have attmpted, there are some additional isolation steps we can explore. These steps will help us determine if the issue might stem from browser compatibility, or the user account being used.

To begin, you can try using a different web browser. You can find a third party browser to download from the Mac App Store. If the freezing persists with a different web browser, then the issue might stem from the website you're visiting.

Another isolation step you can try is to create and use another user account on your Mac to visit the website. You can reference the "Add a user" section of this resource for steps to add a user: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

After creating a new user, you can login to the new user and use Safari to visit the website. If the freezing persists when visiting the website on the new user, then the issue may be isolated to that specific website. However, if the issue does not persist with the new user, then there might be a setting or configuration causing the freezing with your original user account.

The steps above will help us further isolate.

We hope this helps.

Oct 17, 2020 6:11 AM in response to WA4MOE

Have you emptied Safari’s browser cache?

Safari->Preferences->->Advanced->"Show Develop menu in menu bar” (bottom of screen). Check the option. You will now see a Develop menu in Safari’s top menu. Select it and about half-way down you’ll see “Empty Caches”. Select it and then try FoxNews again.

Is there any fix for FoxNews freeze issue, Oct 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.