Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unhide Hidden Purchases Bug in iOS

Hi.

In iOS there's an option to hide Purchases in the App Store. You just swipe left on any app and tap "Hide". The hidden apps go to a section called Hidden Purchases that you can access by tapping on your profile picture on the top right corner of the App Store, then on your name, and then on Hidden Purchases. Underneath that option you can read "Unhide purchases that you have previously hidden". But all you can do there is re-download apps that you have deleted or open the ones you already have. You can't unhide anything. When you tap on an app it just turns gray and nothing happens and if you press-hold you can feel a little vibration but nothing appears. When you go in Support it says "You can't unhide purchases in iOS". So which is it? Because it says we can but then it doesn't work, and in Support it says that we cannot. I've read forum threads about it and in previous versions of MacOS you could use iTunes on a Mac to unhide purchases, others say that if you re-download the hidden purchases it will go back to your purchases, but it doesn't work either. The app stays in the Hidden Purchases. I don't understand this feature. Why can't we just do what we want with our apps? It really looks like a bug and I would like it to be fixed because it's really annoying.

Thanks.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 10:00 AM

12 replies

Oct 16, 2020 4:54 PM in response to davignell

You can't unhide an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you can redownload an app.

See here : hide purchases from the App Store

About unhiding apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can't unhide an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you can redownload an app. You don't have to buy the app again.

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Tap the account button  or your photo at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap your name or Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Scroll down and tap Hidden Purchases.

5. Find the app that you want, then tap the download button .

Oct 16, 2020 6:23 PM in response to Cåts

It says “Unhide purchases that you have previously hidden” meaning this section is to do precisely that, but we can’t. It’s just a list of the hidden apps with the option to Open or Download them, nothing more. What’s the point of having an option if we can’t go back? This isn’t how things usually work, this is really dumb imo. They could at least give a warning like “Are you sure you want to hide this app? It can’t be undone”. Very disappointing.

Oct 16, 2020 4:55 PM in response to Jeff_W.

I've already read all that. Like I said, the article says that we CAN'T unhide apps on iPhone, only re-download them. But on the iPhone it says that we CAN. Also, when I re-download the app, it STAYS in the Hidden Purchases. I would like to be able to UNHIDE anything I want. I can't believe something that simple isn't possible and I really don't understand why the option isn't available. Please do something about it.

Oct 16, 2020 6:10 PM in response to davignell

article from Apple state You can't unhide an app on iPhone , iPad, or iPod touch, but you can redownload an app.

first sentence in bold. You can't unhide an app on iPhone

where do you see it on iPhone that it can be done? Please post screenshot.

I tried on my phones, it does just as the article says. It can not be done. Only downloaded. Not unhidden.

Unhide Hidden Purchases Bug in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.