You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I get an Apple Music family subscription, can my kids move their existing songs and preferences from their personal Apple music accounts?

If I get an Apple Music family subscription, can my kids move their existing songs and preferences from their personal Apple music accounts?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 6:05 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities geekymom63,

We see that you have a question about changing from individual Apple Music plans to a family plan. We'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

To answer your question, yes they will still have access to their music. You can also set up Family Sharing if there is purchased music from iTunes that you might want to share with the family as well. You can also share apps, games, and lots of other purchased content with Family Sharing. The articles below provide some more details, if needed.

Change your subscription plan

Get an Apple Music family subscription

Set up Family Sharing

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2020 6:05 PM in response to geekymom63

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities geekymom63,

We see that you have a question about changing from individual Apple Music plans to a family plan. We'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

To answer your question, yes they will still have access to their music. You can also set up Family Sharing if there is purchased music from iTunes that you might want to share with the family as well. You can also share apps, games, and lots of other purchased content with Family Sharing. The articles below provide some more details, if needed.

Change your subscription plan

Get an Apple Music family subscription

Set up Family Sharing

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.