Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 external monitors with laptop monitor

Can you use two external monitors with they MacBook Pro and not have both of the external monitors be in Mirror mode? I''ve connected two monitors to my laptop and want to use one of them as the laptop monitor so I can see it better and the other monitor as a separate monitor so I can have two different sites open on each monitor.

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 1:38 PM

Yes. Make sure "Mirror Displays" is not checked in System Preferences->Displays

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

Oct 12, 2020 5:41 PM in response to dennisfromoh

• I found this in the description for the triple view monitors on Amazon for the hub I ordered.

• Triple display flexibility: Triple display modes Boost your efficiency 3 times. UtechSmart triple display hub supports single and dual HDMI displays up to 3840x2160@30Hz or triple displays up to 1920x1080@60Hz. Three display mode options available (mirror mode, extend mode & video wall mode). Attention: Mac OS (Apple laptop) & Chrome OS doesn't support extend mode. The VGA port could only mirror one HDMI port's Display.

Looks like this hub doesn't support the extend mode on an Apple laptop. Do you recommend one that does support what I'm trying to do?

Oct 12, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Phil0124

I'm using a USB C Hub from UTechSmart. It's an 11-1hub with 3 video inputs (2 HDMI, 1 VGA). I've tried connecting to both of the HDMI ports or one VGA, one HDMI and they just keep showing as mirror. I have the Mirror box unchecked. I only see 2 monitors in the arrangement screen. Not sure how to get this to work.

I watched the UTechSmart video online on how to make it work on a MacBook laptop and I've done everything the same way. I'm stumped.

2 external monitors with laptop monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.