Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Archive option for iOS backups

I have couple of iPhones backed up on my Mac. Now I'm trying to archive them, but don't see an option to do so. Only choice I have is to 'delete' those back ups to free up space. I have Catalina 10.15.5.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 10:03 AM

Hi there NK199,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’d like to archive a backup that’s saved to your computer. We’ll be happy to assist. 

This resource has the steps you’d use to archive your backup: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Specifically, you’ll want to look at the section that says, “Backups on your Mac”

You’ll open the Finder > General tab > click Manage Backups. There you should see a list of available backups. If you right-click on a backup you should get an option to archive it. We hope that helps.

Take Care! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 10:03 AM in response to NK199

Hi there NK199,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’d like to archive a backup that’s saved to your computer. We’ll be happy to assist. 

This resource has the steps you’d use to archive your backup: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Specifically, you’ll want to look at the section that says, “Backups on your Mac”

You’ll open the Finder > General tab > click Manage Backups. There you should see a list of available backups. If you right-click on a backup you should get an option to archive it. We hope that helps.

Take Care! 

Missing Archive option for iOS backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.