Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank spaces in Control Center

Hi

After installing iOS14 on my iPhoneX, five blank spaces appeared in the Control Center before the electable controls appear. I’ve tried removing all controls, but this had no effect. Is there anything I can do, or is this a bug I can hope will be mended in coming updates?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:44 AM

That looks like the Control Center is missing some icons from the HomeKit.

Open Settings ➔ Control Center : Try turning Show Home Controls to OFF and see if that eliminates the gap between apps however it will not show the HomeKit. Then repeat the steps above and turn Show Home Controls to ON. See if that fixes it.

You can even open the HomeKit app and see if you see something that doesn't belong there.

Axel F.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 1:44 AM in response to chreosot

That looks like the Control Center is missing some icons from the HomeKit.

Open Settings ➔ Control Center : Try turning Show Home Controls to OFF and see if that eliminates the gap between apps however it will not show the HomeKit. Then repeat the steps above and turn Show Home Controls to ON. See if that fixes it.

You can even open the HomeKit app and see if you see something that doesn't belong there.

Axel F.

Nov 4, 2020 3:32 PM in response to Axel Foley

This was frustrating the heck out of me. Thanks. I hope Apple makes this a little more intuitive as if you don't have any home controls they should probably go away. or at least show an icon that makes it look like something isn't connected, instead of a blank icon. makes a regular user think that they did something wrong or need to wait to an update in the software will fix it.

Blank spaces in Control Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.