Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have received and email two days in a row stating my Apple ID has been locked.

Does Apple do anything, investigate possible scams? I have gotten an email two days in a row stating my Apple ID is locked with a link to verify my account. I don't ever click on them because I know scammers do this to get your information. But I can't figure out how to report it and if any action can be taken to stop getting the scam attempt. Obviously I haven't been locked or I would not have been able to reach this forum since I needed to sign in with my account info.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:24 AM

See the information in Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support including the following:

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 10:24 AM in response to MarieClose

See the information in Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support including the following:

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

I have received and email two days in a row stating my Apple ID has been locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.