Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7P and 12Pro Max

When I measure my 7plus, it's the same size 6.7" as the 12ProMax. I realize the picture will be much larger on the 12, as it uses the whole screen, but I just want to be sure - they are not making the phone any larger from what I can tell. Surprising that they haven't gone larger just to be different and bigger than Samsung.

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 11:22 AM

It appears that you measured your iPhone 7 Plus from edge to edge and diagonally alongside the frame.

The true way to measure a screen size (iPhones or TVs or any other screen) is diagonally but ONLY from where the screen begins and ends. The frame and other parts that are not part of the screen do not count. Try again and you will see what I mean.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Vicci Conway

It appears that you measured your iPhone 7 Plus from edge to edge and diagonally alongside the frame.

The true way to measure a screen size (iPhones or TVs or any other screen) is diagonally but ONLY from where the screen begins and ends. The frame and other parts that are not part of the screen do not count. Try again and you will see what I mean.

Axel F.

iPhone 7P and 12Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.