Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't update my iMovie version 10.15.6

I can't update my iMovie ti Version 10.15.6

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 12:59 PM

Hi, Tishourna,

You didn't mention the steps that you were taking to update iMovie, or what happens when you try. In any event, try this procedure:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 12:59 PM in response to Tishouna

Hi, Tishourna,

You didn't mention the steps that you were taking to update iMovie, or what happens when you try. In any event, try this procedure:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

i can't update my iMovie version 10.15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.