Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About the iPhone Upgrade Program

If I choose any of the 4 main carriers, will my phone be unlocked phone? Or it has to be locked and tied to my carrier.

Because I want to use the sim card that is from different countires, i am afriad that i will not work.

Also, I am told that only a post paid account will work with the iphone upgrade program, not prepaid, is that true?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 2:43 PM

Hi there,

We see you have some questions about whether or not the iPhone you buy will be unlocked. We can understand wanting to get that clarified, and we'd be happy to help.

We have a note on this our iPhone purchasing page here:

Buy iPhone

As the page notes in the "Choose your carrier" section, "All iPhone models are unlocked except those purchased with AT&T Installment Plans."

We hope that helps.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 2:43 PM in response to 帅逼

Hi there,

We see you have some questions about whether or not the iPhone you buy will be unlocked. We can understand wanting to get that clarified, and we'd be happy to help.

We have a note on this our iPhone purchasing page here:

Buy iPhone

As the page notes in the "Choose your carrier" section, "All iPhone models are unlocked except those purchased with AT&T Installment Plans."

We hope that helps.

Take care!

About the iPhone Upgrade Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.