Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my account closed after 24 hours?

I received a message that my account will be closed after 24 hours and I think my account is hacked. I want to make sure that my account has not been hacked and there is no problem

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:19 PM

8 replies

Oct 13, 2020 2:30 PM in response to Majed_qq

Change your password immediately: here's how:

Change your Apple ID password

Follow these steps to change your Apple ID password.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
  2. Tap Change Password.

3. Enter your current password or device passcode, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. 
  4. Tap Change or Change Password.
  5. Sign in with your new Apple ID password to access Apple features and services. 

Learn more about how to change your Apple ID and update other account information.

On your Mac with macOS Catalina

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
  2. Click Password & Security.
  3. Click Change Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password used to unlock your Mac. 

On your Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Choose Account Details.
  3. Click Security > Reset Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password used to unlock your Mac. 

On the web

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Change Password.
  3. Enter your current password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. 
  4. Click Change Password.

5. Sign in with your new Apple ID password to access Apple features and services. 

Oct 13, 2020 2:31 PM in response to Majed_qq

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Are you concerned that an unauthorised person might have access to your Apple ID? These steps can help you find out and regain control of your account.

Signs your Apple ID has been compromised

Your Apple ID might be compromised if you receive an account notification from Apple for a change you didn't make, or if you notice account details or changes you don’t recognise. For example:

• You receive an email or notification that your Apple ID was used to sign in to a device you don't recognise or did not sign in to recently (for example, "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud on a Windows PC").
  • You receive a confirmation email from Apple that your Apple ID password was changed or your account information was updated, but you don’t remember making any changes.
  • Your device was locked or placed in Lost Mode by someone other than you.
  • You see messages you didn't send, or items you didn’t delete.
  • You see charges or notices for purchases that you didn't make. Learn what to do if you see an unfamiliar iTunes Store or App Store charge on your credit or debit card statement.
  • Your password no longer works, or it might have been changed or locked.
  • You don't recognise some or all of your account details.

If you received an email, text message or phone call that you're not sure is valid or you think might be phishing, here are some tips to help determine its legitimacy.

Gain control of your Apple ID

If you think your Apple ID is compromised, use these steps to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page. If you can't sign in or you receive a message that the account is locked when you try to sign in, try to reset or unlock your account.
  2. Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn't correct or that you don’t recognise, including:
    • Your name.
    • Your primary Apple ID email address.* If you need to change your email addressupdate the features and services that you use with Apple ID, so that each one is using your updated Apple ID.
    • All alternative email addresses, rescue email addresses and phone numbers. 
    • The devices that are associated with your Apple ID, if you've already set up two-factor authentication.
    • Security questions and answers. If you think they might be easy to guess, you should change your security questions.
  1. Check with your email address* provider to make sure that you control every email address associated with your Apple ID. If you don't control the email addresses associated with the Apple ID, you should change the password for the email address or use a different email address. 
  2. Set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. This additional security feature is designed to prevent anyone from accessing your account, even if they know your password.

Oct 13, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Majed_qq

this is ok. You are in the Apple support communities.

This is legitimate here. We are Apple users, just like you. When you come here for help, when someone reply to you, you will receive an email telling you that someone reply. You are looking at my replies to you.

The screenshot you posted is my reply to you.

But, you mention that you clicked a link from your initial post earlier and changed your password. Have you changed it again, so that your account is safe? If you haven't, please refer to the above link I provide to reset your password.

Why is my account closed after 24 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.