Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player end of life

Will I need Adobe Flash Player in my MacBook Pro after 2020 eol? Can I uninstall it now?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 3:03 PM

DennisKanata wrote:
Will I need Adobe Flash Player in my MacBook Pro after 2020 eol?
Can I uninstall it now?
  1. No
  2. Yes

Additional information provided in: Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

7 replies

Nov 24, 2020 5:55 AM in response to DennisKanata

Due to the upcoming endoflife of Adobe I was instructed to uninstall my Adobe, which I did.

Now, I have no flash and there does not appear to be a "free" way of securing anything that does the work of Adobe.

When Apple was contacted I was advised that it is necessary for the individual administrator of the website to offer a new HTML5 ?? that browsers support. Help please, if you can.

Nov 24, 2020 6:02 AM in response to Lastclu

Website administrators that failed to update their site to HTML5 will find their website dead in the water. Adobe gave developers THREE YEARS notice in 2017 that this was coming. If their websites go dark it’s totally on them. All modern browsers have supported HTML5 for years now, including Safari.

There’s nothing you can do about it.

Adobe Flash Player end of life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.