Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old versus new

Does it make sense to buy the newest Apple MacBook Pro 16" - 2.4GHz 8‑core Intel Core i9, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz, with 16MB shared L3 cache when I currently have a MacBook Pro 2018 (Sep 2018) 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9? Will I see enough of a change for an additional 2,500$ after trade in? Pros and cons appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 4:58 PM

a Computer is NOT an investment. It is a tool that allows you to do useful work.

I agree with BobTheFisherman: If your current computer is falling short of your requirement is some fashion, you should replace it, with a computer that can better meet your needs. BUT: be sure to punch it up in the areas that are falling short.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 4:58 PM in response to MacbookProNewVSOld

a Computer is NOT an investment. It is a tool that allows you to do useful work.

I agree with BobTheFisherman: If your current computer is falling short of your requirement is some fashion, you should replace it, with a computer that can better meet your needs. BUT: be sure to punch it up in the areas that are falling short.

Old versus new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.