Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trade-in by christmas

I would like to purchase a new iPhone as a Christmas gift. I have a trade-in but want to purchase the iPhone now but only provide the trade-in after Christmas. Is it possible?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:26 PM

Trade in? No. You’re trade in is due once the new device ships. But you can recycle it for credit to your Apple account later if you wish to.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

National Services - Apple

5 replies

Oct 14, 2020 8:02 PM in response to brigitte247

Not necessarily. If you choose to wait to turn the phone in after Christmas, the value may be less at that time. If this is what you want to do, you'll just have to take your chance and see what it is worth when you are ready to turn it in for credit.

brigitte247 wrote:

Thanks. Just to be clear, if i decide to recycle, i can get a credit for the same value of a trade-in?

Oct 14, 2020 8:08 PM in response to brigitte247

brigitte247 wrote:

Thanks. Just to be clear, if i decide to recycle, i can get a credit for the same value of a trade-in?

The commercial trade in value always changes with time, and is also dependent on the condition. The recycler is a private company, partnered with Apple, and they make their profit from paying for the products they recycle. So they follow the market for recycled devices, or recycled parts/material.

trade-in by christmas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.