Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not Secure warning when visiting sites in Safari

Hi ! I was just wondering why so many pages I visit say ‘not secure’ . I don’t understand much about networks and not sure if i should contact my internet company IZZI or if I am in the right place , but if someone could help me out that would be great thanks so much .

ps. I am posting a few pictures of a few sights

• s

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:50 PM

Please read If you see a "Not Secure" warning while browsing the web with Safari.

Websites themselves have not changed. Safari's "Not Secure" status is a relatively new feature feature added to Safari intended to draw your attention to the fact the website is not using encryption.

In many cases, such as a website that describes how a slot machine works, it's not important. On the other hand if you are using a website for online banking, shopping or anything else for which you might need to provide information you should consider personal (names, account numbers, even something you're searching for) you should never see that "Not Secure" status.

Nearly all websites default to using secure protocols because it's simple to implement, in addition to being a generally beneficial practice.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 6:50 PM in response to SGPAV2293

Please read If you see a "Not Secure" warning while browsing the web with Safari.

Websites themselves have not changed. Safari's "Not Secure" status is a relatively new feature feature added to Safari intended to draw your attention to the fact the website is not using encryption.

In many cases, such as a website that describes how a slot machine works, it's not important. On the other hand if you are using a website for online banking, shopping or anything else for which you might need to provide information you should consider personal (names, account numbers, even something you're searching for) you should never see that "Not Secure" status.

Nearly all websites default to using secure protocols because it's simple to implement, in addition to being a generally beneficial practice.

Oct 15, 2020 5:40 AM in response to SGPAV2293

SGPAV2293 wrote:

thanks for your help John! But definitely need to understand why those sites are insecure given the sensitive information .

http://www.imss.gob.mx

That website contains publicly available information that would not be considered sensitive or confidential.

However, if you wanted to contact an agency to chat with someone through one of its webpages, you will find the following example:

Opciones para realizar tu trámite

En línea: Realiza tu denuncia en línea aquí.

That link loads a secure webpage: https://sidec.funcionpublica.gob.mx/

It's ok to provide personal information on that website, because it is encrypted. the "Not Secure" message will not appear.

Not Secure warning when visiting sites in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.