Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

air drop wont see my iPhone

my Mac Pro was made in 2011 and has osx high sierra but can't be seen by my iPhone xr for airdrop but it can see the other apple devises I own and file transfer between them how can I fix this ?

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:47 PM

requires a Mac from 2012 or later:

If you can't see the other device in AirDrop

Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:

• Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. 
  • Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 6:47 PM in response to TheOfficialTruth3905

requires a Mac from 2012 or later:

If you can't see the other device in AirDrop

Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:

• Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. 
  • Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

air drop wont see my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.