Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App Stays on Lock Screen When Closed

Hello, After using the Music app, and also the Audible app, both put a widget on the lock screen. How do I prevent this from happening and why does the widget not remove when closing or stopping play? Its annoying. I am on IOS 14.

Thank you, John Marrocco

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 5:17 AM

This has never been very user-controllable. The only thing I can see that definitely works is to remove Music from recently-used apps. Double click home button and swipe up on the Music panel. I think that it may disappear itself if you don't play music for some period of time, but I have never properly tested that. Sorry.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 5:17 AM in response to jemsurvey

This has never been very user-controllable. The only thing I can see that definitely works is to remove Music from recently-used apps. Double click home button and swipe up on the Music panel. I think that it may disappear itself if you don't play music for some period of time, but I have never properly tested that. Sorry.

Music App Stays on Lock Screen When Closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.