Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add payment method on Family Sharing

My mother and I have a Family Sharing account because we initially opened it when I was a child. I can log into both her account and mine but when I go to the payment method section on either my macbook or iphone, I'm unable to add a payment method to purchase my own subscriptions. The option to "Edit" is grayed out and there is no option to "Add a payment method."

MacBook

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 7:00 AM

Except that I do not want someone else to have to pay for my subscription. I've contacted Apple Support and it seems there is a way around this though I'm still surprised Apple has made it so complicated for a customer to make a purchase.

5 replies

Oct 18, 2020 6:39 AM in response to turingtest2

I previously had the subscription on my card, however, and only cancelled the subscription to save a little cash over the summer while I wasn't getting paid. I don't understand why I can't just add it back to the card it was previously on.

This also seems like a weird function on Apple's part - every day that I can't pay for this subscription, this company is losing money.

Unable to add payment method on Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.