Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leather folio for iPhone 12 Pro

Does Apple not sell a leather folio for the iPhone 12 pro?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 8:43 AM

Looks like they’re on their way. Here’s a new listing for the Pro Max, but there are similar entries -across multiple vendors- for each of the iPhone 12 Pro models (and in various colours):

https://shop.apcom.eu/product/apple-iphone-12-pro-max-leather-case-with-magsafe-baltic-blue-seasonal-fall-2020/

We’ll hopefully see ‘em released sooner rather than later. For those of us that want front protection -as well as that extra bit of class- these leather cases are a superb investment👌

Lee

everygrainofsand

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 8:43 AM in response to Ljzell

Looks like they’re on their way. Here’s a new listing for the Pro Max, but there are similar entries -across multiple vendors- for each of the iPhone 12 Pro models (and in various colours):

https://shop.apcom.eu/product/apple-iphone-12-pro-max-leather-case-with-magsafe-baltic-blue-seasonal-fall-2020/

We’ll hopefully see ‘em released sooner rather than later. For those of us that want front protection -as well as that extra bit of class- these leather cases are a superb investment👌

Lee

everygrainofsand

Oct 25, 2020 5:49 AM in response to l163

Really disappointed leather folio not available for iPhone 12 pro. Got phone on Friday and really miss it.

On bike ride phone screen keep being activated without cover. Interferes with Strava and Apple Watch so no heart rate not recorded and battery run low.

Plus folio offers great protection to phone.

Silicone case feel awful to hold.

Please can I get Leather Folio immediately.

Oct 25, 2020 6:21 AM in response to neilfromnewryz

Totally agree, man👌 The significance of the leather Apple cases not actually being ‘folio’, has only belatedly occurred to me. I’m with you: those phones really do need screen protection. And it seems a bit mad that Apple don’t have their own branded option to cater for such a basic requirement

Are there any folio-type cases you think you’ll go for, Neil? My phone arrives in November, and I really do want a case that covers the front too

Nov 9, 2020 1:10 AM in response to Ljzell

I think that Apple will not release Leather Folio cases, since this is associated with Qualcomm modems. Qualcomm modems are now used in all iPhone 12 series models. When you open the lid of the case, it touches the camera and the optional noise canceling microphone. For this reason, it will be difficult to hear you. This was a problem in other iPhones, for example, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X in versions with a Qualcomm modem.

I myself really like the Apple Leather Folio case. I don't know if you can buy such a case from other manufacturers. Could this type of case affect the audibility of the Series 12 iPhone?

Dear Apple Company, please write an answer to the question!

Nov 14, 2020 7:26 AM in response to Ljzell

Just got my iPhone 12 Pro. I am with others here; I suspect I will sorely miss the leather folio case. Let me explain.

When I got the iPhone 11 Pro, I initially had the plain leather case; something I've used for years from Apple. Loved the hand feel, would tend to wear one out in 1-2 years. Then around Christmas, my wife gave me the leather folio for my prior iPhone 11. I downsized to my driver's license, ATM debit card, and one credit card. Also always had a bit of cash and put in the receipts.

The folio is simply an amazing design. It turns off the display/locks the phone. When hanging open, nothing falls out as gravity keeps it there. It folds easily along the back of the phone when I want to use the phone one-handed. Sitting on a flat surface, it lies well and does not slide around. It's literally perfect design.

I see Apple now has a leather case but not a folio (this leather case was not there when I pre-ordered my iPhone 12 Pro). I have the leather wallet on order that "MagSafe"s on; yet early reviewers give me concern that I might not enjoy it. No room for bills, might fall off when I slide the phone into my front pocket, will the phone lay flat and not slide around when this is one? Also, will have have to take it off to recharge the phone wirelessly at night? So that means I might forget to snap it back on and then not have my license / cards / cash when I grab it and go. I have the clear case for the iPhone 12 Pro now, the feel is - well - disappointing compared to the leather I've used for years. I see online now you have simply leather cases coming - but no folio - at least not on your website.

I am literally thinking of keeping my iPhone 11 Pro over this and returning the iPhone 12 Pro. I've searched high and low. Apple - please tell me you've done the design with these new items? You "addicted" me to the leather folio case (and it seems many others here too). Now you're taking it away. And you're releasing all the parts slowly, after the phone itself. I get the global supply chain is a mess this year; but you're Apple. You're design - form, function, delight. We pay a premium price for your products and expect you to deliver. Please reply back here - how are you going to keep my life simple with your new phone, like you did so delightfully with the leather folio with my iPhone 11 Pro?

Sincerely,

iPhone user since 3G

Nov 14, 2020 7:27 PM in response to Ljzell

I am so disappointed that they did not realize a leather folio for the new IPhone 12 Pro Max. I switched to folio for the first time with my XS Max. I was not really sure I would like that but I ended up buying an additional one because I loved it so much. Gone are the days with carrying a bulky wallet all the time and I just loved the folio. I am always nervous to use third party accessories because I feel apple has the design/style down to perfection but it seems like to continue with using of a folio for this phone I will have no choice but to try it out

Nov 19, 2020 4:43 PM in response to melvin3v

After reading your post I was debating what folio to purchase as I do not foresee Apple creating a leather folio for the 12 Max. Previous poster posted a link for a nomad rugged leather folio which is priced very fairly at $69.99 and does look comparable to the Apple folio. After seeing the one you stated by Vaja I believe that is is of a class of its own. Looks gorgeous and going to be my choice even with the expensive price tag. Apple was around $140 when I purchased for my XS max when the phone was released. I would I would imagine if they released one for the “iPhone 12” it would have been in that same $150 price range. If anyone has the nomad please reply with some feedback

Nov 25, 2020 11:35 PM in response to danBeg

It does not, but it works like the Apple folio. The leather is very flexible and closes nicely. No need for a magnetic clasp. The advantage over the Otterbox and Nomad is that the card slot can hold several cards (I have about 5) and the cards can be completely covered by the leather and not contact the phone’s screen. Also, the Platinum is made with Horween leather just like the Nomad. The biggest problem I found with the Nomad and Otterbox was that they couldn’t hold more then two cards. None of the three cases supports the sleep wake feature like the 11 pro, but unfortunately that’s because Apple appears to have removed that functionality, presumably because it may affect the MagSafe functionality.

Leather folio for iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.