Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have iMovie on my iPhone and I want to have it on my computer as well - WHAT is the remedy?I

I want i-Movie on my Mac as well as on my iPhone - the App Store says I can't up-date because it's already on my iPhone… Is there another alternative?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 6:43 PM

Others who have posted here have reported the very same "refunded or purchased with a different Apple I.D" problem. Unless you have changed your I.D, or perhaps purchased a used computer, I have no idea why that is happening.

You might consider calling Apple Support and see if the savvy techs there have an answer. They have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we cannot do here. To contact Support click on the Contact Support item in the upper right of this forum's screen, and navigate to a place where you can input your phone number.

If you have time, please post back with your results, as it might help others who have this same issue.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 6:43 PM in response to Lorenartist-789

Others who have posted here have reported the very same "refunded or purchased with a different Apple I.D" problem. Unless you have changed your I.D, or perhaps purchased a used computer, I have no idea why that is happening.

You might consider calling Apple Support and see if the savvy techs there have an answer. They have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, that we cannot do here. To contact Support click on the Contact Support item in the upper right of this forum's screen, and navigate to a place where you can input your phone number.

If you have time, please post back with your results, as it might help others who have this same issue.

-- Rich

Oct 15, 2020 3:52 PM in response to Lorenartist-789

Check your applications folder on your Mac to see if iMovie isn't already there.

If it is not there, open the online app store, sign in with your Apple I.D, and download current iMovie from there. Type in "iMovie app" in the search box to get to the iMovie app icon. Having iMovie on your iPhone has nothing to do with iMovie for Mac and would not prohibit you from downloading it. The two apps are completely different apps.

-- Rich

Have iMovie on my iPhone and I want to have it on my computer as well - WHAT is the remedy?I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.