Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes gift card

So i bought an itunes gift card yesterday and on the receipt it says that activation may take 24 hours and its been over 24 hours now and everytime i try to redeem the money it says error and that it has not been properly activated, what do i do??

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 4:57 PM

I have never heard of an activation delay of that nature. It should have been activated during the purchase process. Where did you buy the gift card?

According to: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

"Card is not activated

If you see a message that says that your card has not been properly activated, it might not have been activated by the retailer who sold the card. The best option is to go back to the retailer and try to resolve it with them.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 4:57 PM in response to livy181

I have never heard of an activation delay of that nature. It should have been activated during the purchase process. Where did you buy the gift card?

According to: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

"Card is not activated

If you see a message that says that your card has not been properly activated, it might not have been activated by the retailer who sold the card. The best option is to go back to the retailer and try to resolve it with them.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support."

iTunes gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.