Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare+ for a replaced iPad pro

I have recently had my iPad Pro replaced because of a cracked screen. Anyway I want to purchase AppleCare+ for it but it is saying that I can’t. I am wondering why this is so, and if there is a way around it

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 8:13 PM

If it was replaced by Apple under warranty, then it simply takes up the remainder of the original device warranty. If it was replaced by Apple out of warranty and you paid the out of warranty replacement fee, then the remainder of your original device warranty gets reinstated for the Apple OoW replacement device.

You cannot add AppleCare+ to any replacement device. If the original had AppleCare+ then the extra year of warranty carries over. But if the original didn’t have it, then it cannot be added to the replacement.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 8:13 PM in response to MarianneSolomona

If it was replaced by Apple under warranty, then it simply takes up the remainder of the original device warranty. If it was replaced by Apple out of warranty and you paid the out of warranty replacement fee, then the remainder of your original device warranty gets reinstated for the Apple OoW replacement device.

You cannot add AppleCare+ to any replacement device. If the original had AppleCare+ then the extra year of warranty carries over. But if the original didn’t have it, then it cannot be added to the replacement.

AppleCare+ for a replaced iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.