Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot select my file on Files (Finder) iPhone

Could anyone explain this? I cannot understand that grey unselected file.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 6:51 AM

Hi elbosp,

Thanks for providing this additional screenshot for us and completing this troubleshooting.

Based on this screenshot, it appears that the issue is occurring with Google Drive. To verify if the file is able to be opened at all, try opening it directly through the Google Drive server: Google Drive

If you are still unable to select the file in Google Drive, try following the steps of this Google Support article: Can’t open a Google file or folder

If you are able to open this file through Google Drive, try force close the Google Drive app and restarting your iPhone using these resources below:

If these steps do not resolve this issue, then verify that your Google Drive app contains all of its expected files and delete the app and redownload it. Be sure to know your Google login credentials so that you are able to sign back into the app once prompted.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 6:51 AM in response to elbosp

Hi elbosp,

Thanks for providing this additional screenshot for us and completing this troubleshooting.

Based on this screenshot, it appears that the issue is occurring with Google Drive. To verify if the file is able to be opened at all, try opening it directly through the Google Drive server: Google Drive

If you are still unable to select the file in Google Drive, try following the steps of this Google Support article: Can’t open a Google file or folder

If you are able to open this file through Google Drive, try force close the Google Drive app and restarting your iPhone using these resources below:

If these steps do not resolve this issue, then verify that your Google Drive app contains all of its expected files and delete the app and redownload it. Be sure to know your Google login credentials so that you are able to sign back into the app once prompted.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Oct 20, 2020 2:09 PM in response to elbosp

Hey there elbosp,

We see that you are having some issues with data inside of the Files app on your iPhone. We would love to assist you with resolving this.

Try clicking on Done in the top right corner of your screen and then opening the file to see if it will allow you to.

It models the behaviors of a folder that has the items below it listed inside of the folder.

Kind regards.

I cannot select my file on Files (Finder) iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.