Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music within my family plan

How do I only share Apple Music within my family plan and not share anything else like storage

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 3:28 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2020 2:34 PM in response to eyeballroy

Hi there eyeballroy,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’d like to organize a Family Sharing group but don’t want to share storage or certain other data. We’ll be happy to help. 

This page has details on how Family Sharing works, what you can share, and what you can make unavailable for sharing: What is Family Sharing? 

Specifically, check out the section on purchase sharing, and iCloud storage plans. Both of those are optional. You can choose not to share purchases or storage. 

This page gives more details on content that can or cannot be shared: What types of content can I share with my family using purchase sharing?

Also, here are steps to get an Apple Music family subscription started: Get an Apple Music family subscription

We hope this helps.

Take Care!

Apple Music within my family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.