Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro freezing

My Mac with latest Catalina update has frozen 3 times in 2 days. I've had to do a hard shutdown each time as it became unresponsive.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 9:45 AM

ILuvUK wrote:

My Mac with latest Catalina update has frozen 3 times in 2 days. I've had to do a hard shutdown each time as it became unresponsive.

To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2020 9:45 AM in response to ILuvUK

ILuvUK wrote:

To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Oct 16, 2020 12:39 PM in response to leroydouglas

Leroy, thank you for your prompt response. I ran the utility and found that it was a third-party app causing the freeze, Evernote. It had crashed multiple times even though I did not have the Evernote Helper launched on startup. I read through all of the report and got rid of other applications that were not compatible as well as orphaned files/installers that were unsuccessfully removed and left behind. I also removed the extension for Evernote Web Clipper because Firefox froze a few times so it's possible that the extension also contributed to the freeze. Thank you again!

MacBook Pro freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.