Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch incorrectly says media storage is full

my iwatch keeps showing my media storage is full even though I have no music or photos in it. It is frustrating. By far, worst investment ever.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:14 PM

So frustrating!!! Other forums and blogs are stating that Apple is now limiting media storage to 8GB via OS7.

This seems to be true as my music was deleted from my watch during the upgrade and I now cannot restore my three previous play lists in their entirety. So now I have 17.2GB of wasted free space even though I purchased all of my music through iTunes.

This is not the way to “entice” me to subscribe to Apple Music. I feel like Apple is taking advantage of my decade long loyalty (iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iPods. MacMini, Apple Watch). Maybe now is a good time to switch to Android. Their devices do appear to give the user more freedom.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 8:14 PM in response to jesus00jesus

So frustrating!!! Other forums and blogs are stating that Apple is now limiting media storage to 8GB via OS7.

This seems to be true as my music was deleted from my watch during the upgrade and I now cannot restore my three previous play lists in their entirety. So now I have 17.2GB of wasted free space even though I purchased all of my music through iTunes.

This is not the way to “entice” me to subscribe to Apple Music. I feel like Apple is taking advantage of my decade long loyalty (iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iPods. MacMini, Apple Watch). Maybe now is a good time to switch to Android. Their devices do appear to give the user more freedom.

Oct 20, 2020 5:30 PM in response to jesus00jesus

Hi there,

From what we can tell, you're seeing an alert that the media storage on your Apple Watch is full. We're glad you're here, and we can help. To start, you'll want to be sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are running the latest software versions, watchOS 7.0.2 and iOS 14.1. If needed, the links below will help with updating:

Update Apple Watch

Update iPhone

Also, the 'Limit photo storage on Apple Watch' section in this link may be helpful:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch

Next, the 'See how much music is stored on Apple Watch' section in this link provides some guidance:

Add music to Apple Watch

We hope this helps. Cheers.

Oct 21, 2020 8:42 AM in response to jesus00jesus

Hello again,

You're certainly welcome. It sounds like you're still experiencing issues with the storage on your Apple Watch, and we'd like to learn a bit more to see how we can help. Where exactly does the alert appear indicating your media storage is almost full? If you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, and pair it again, does that seem to make a difference? This support article provides more information about how to unpair your Apple Watch:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2020 2:59 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi chuck_3rd,

I really appreciate your time trying to help me out. However, none of the information above worked. Both my iphone and iwatch are running the latest software version, I've got no photos on my iwatch and only 400MB of music. The General > Usage screen shows that I've got more than 3GB of storage available on my iwatch.

It is interesting to note how many blogs and people are having the same issue yet no solid answer from apple apparently

Oct 21, 2020 9:36 AM in response to karina184

Hi Karina,

unpairing and pairing my apple watch does not make any difference at all. The message gets displayed when I get into the watch application on my phone, go to music, click add music and select the song I want to get synchronised to my apple watch. It is a large file but yet way smaller than the 3GB of storage available that my apple watch reports.

Thanks

iwatch incorrectly says media storage is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.